Terms and Conditions
- The content of the pages of the Chordify Service is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. These terms and conditions may change without prior notice.
- The Chordify Service may change at any time. New services or features may be added or removed without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found on or offered through the Chordify Service for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials of the Chordify Service is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that the Chordify Service or any derivative of the Chordify Service meets your specific requirements.
- You will not collect content or information, or otherwise access the Chordify Service, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- The Chordify Service contains material which is owned by us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, sounds, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- Unauthorised use of the Chordify Service may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time the Chordify Service may include links to other websites, apps or services. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s) or app(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s) or app(s).
- Your use of the Chordify Service and any dispute arising out of such use of the Chordify Service is subject to the laws of the Netherlands.
- We may impose limits or restrict your access to part or all of the Chordify Service without notice or liability.
Contact & Communication
When contacting us, you do so at your own discretion and provide any personal details requested at your own risk. Every effort has been made to ensure a safe and secure form of communication.
We may use any information submitted to provide you with further information about the Chordify Service or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have submitted. This includes using your details to subscribe you to any email newsletter program we operate, but only if your express permission was granted. Your details are not passed on to any third parties.
Chordify operates an email newsletter program, used to inform subscribers about the Chordify Service. Users who create an account are automatically subscribed to this mailing list, but can unsubscribe at any moment by following an appropriate link included in any automated email sent by us.
No personal details are passed on to nor shared with third parties. If you would like a copy of the information held about you please contact us. Email marketing campaigns published by Chordify may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include, but is not limited to, the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply users with more relevant content based around their activity.
You may access parts of the Chordify Service for free but other features, services and aspects of the Chordify Service require payment. By choosing to access the paid content and making the payment, you authorise us to charge you for all the costs and charges you owe. We offer no guarantees to the accuracy or correctness of the paid services and products. Fees may be based on one-time or subscription payments as fully described by the Chordify Service. If you choose to sign up for a monthly or other time-based membership, you understand and authorise that your account will automatically renew until cancelled and give permission for such billing transactions to take place. You are responsible for all applicable fees and charges incurred, including applicable taxes, and all subscriptions opened by you or by anyone that has used your account(s). Please note that we may use a third-party payment processor to facilitate your payments.
Billing & renewals
The Chordify Service’s subscription plans are billed in one payment for the term. This means, for example, that if you purchase a monthly plan, you will be charged for the full month’s payment each month; if you purchase a yearly plan, you will be charged for the entire year term at one time; and if you purchase a lifetime plan, you will be charged for the entire lifetime plan amount at one time. The pricing terms applicable to your account may vary depending on promotions, type of subscription, and the term you select at the time of purchase.
All subscription plans of the Chordify Service renew automatically using the payment details on file for your account. If you purchase a subscription, you acknowledge and agree that we are authorised to use the payment information on file for the renewal fee. You may cancel automatic renewal at any time before that date through your Account page.
If you signed up with a promotion, your renewal rate may be higher than your initial rate. Please refer to promotion terms or the confirmation email sent after your initial purchase to review details about the renewal amount and the date of the next renewal.
The Chordify Service may also offer some of its paid services via a credit system (“Chordify Credits”) that allows you to unlock additional services for a single song. If you pay for a Chordify Credit for the first time you are asked to supply payment information. If you purchase Chordify Credits you acknowledge and agree that we are authorised to use the payment information on file for this first purchase of Chordify Credits and any subsequent purchases you may make.
The prices we charge for the Chordify Service may change in the future. If the pricing for your subscription does change, we will notify you, and provide you with an opportunity to amend your subscription before applying those changes to your account in connection with an automatic renewal.
Yearly and lifetime subscriptions of the Chordify Service offer a 14 day, 100% money back guarantee. You may receive a refund by reclaiming your refund within 14 days of your purchase by contacting our support. After that 14 day window we will not provide a refund. We do not offer partial refunds, and we do not offer refunds for monthly subscriptions. Money back guarantee is only valid for new customers. I you upgrade your plan you are not eligible for the money back guarantee.
Lifetime subscription plans
A “Lifetime” subscription plan is a limited offer that allows you to access the Chordify Service available at the time of your purchase for as long as those services are available. Chordify may stop issuing new lifetime subscriptions at any time. You may not assign lifetime subscription plans to any other person. We makes no warranties as to the expected lifetime of the Chordify Service, and in purchasing a lifetime plan, you acknowledge and agree that the Chordify Service could change or terminate in the future.
This Chordify Service is copyright of © Chordify 2016. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
you may print or download the content to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only,
you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
Chordify does not host audio or video content of any kind. Audio files uploaded by a user are owned by that user, and are presented only to that user. All chord transcriptions displayed by Chordify are created automatically by the Chordify chord extraction algorithm and may be corrected by users or professional music transcribers. No third party chord transcriptions are displayed or used in any other way by Chordify. Copyright owners who do not want the chords of their works to be displayed by Chordify can request the retraction of individual songs from the Chordify website by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. However, any songs removed from the website are at Chordify’s discretion and should not be considered an admission of liability on Chordify’s part.